Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Shaving cream and food colouring backgrounds!

Great fun!!

Our friend Lizette came round to show Lynn and myself how to do backgrounds
 using shaving cream and food colouring.
 It was really messy but a lot of fun!!


Here's me putting two cards together having dipped one in the colour tray to make two backgrounds.


Here I am getting more card - I think we got through three packets!!


 Just look at this gorgeous stuff!!


This afternoon I used two of the back grounds to make a couple of cards - these are the two I chose to use. 
I distressed them round the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Inks  'evergreen bough'  and 'festive berries' and matted them on card blanks made with the same colour cardstock as had been used for the backgrounds.


My first card is an Easter one that I have made using a Kris B image

Notice I have added an extra butterfly at the top to give it wings!!


This is the front, coloured with promarkers (gold, amethyst and orchid and several greens)
 and with the SU stamp from 'Easter Blossoms' in the centre.


This is my second card made for Emma's Crafty Challenge #14
where the topic was 'Vintage'.
I have added a little lace and the pyramid is from Craftsuprint.




We also made some backgrounds using stencils - so watch this space to see how I use them!!


Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Susan and fab cards too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wanna come over to play at YOUR house!!! *รœ* Love your beautiful & creative backgrounds. And LOVE what you did with my Easter Frame and the li'l girl inside---sweet!! Lovely 3D butterfly as well. You are having too much fun (nah,no such thing as 'too much' fun huh?) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great fun making backgrounds with shaving foam isn't it. You can also use distress inks too. The Vintage card is lovely,the lace sets it off perfectly. Thank you for joining in Emma's Crafty Challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done this technique for ages and I love it to make backgrounds. Your finished cards look fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW What a fantastic Idea and I love the photos :D The finished look is gorgeous and I will be giving this a go myself.
    Gorgeous finished projects!

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so beautiful background. I came by the pps bloghop and commenting on this post first.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.