Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Friday 17 October 2014

October 17th - Day 17 of 31DOH

Well... it's DAY SEVENTEEN of Smeared Ink's 31 Days of Halloween...a huge blog hop for you to enjoy every day
 ALL THROUGH OCTOBER !!



Just two more weeks to go - will I survive?

For more details hop over to Terra's Blog...there are great prizes to be won!!
 Find out about the Scavenger Hunt! 

Hope you are enjoying the hop - there are some amazing creations to see!
The blog roll is on my side bar.
 If you are hopping in order your next stop is Creepy Glowbugg!

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my skeleton yesterday -
 think of me when I am helping 35 kids make one each on Halloween!!!

Right - today I have two cards for you - the first is my DT make for the new challenge at

 Left of Center

The cute image I used from A Day for Daisies was Fall Fairy Friend and this is the sketch:
Soon I hope to have all my punches and dies with me but in the meantime I decided not to cut a circle by hand. My main image is a rectangle with rounded corners - cut in the old-fashioned way, by cutting round a coin!!


I used Memento Tangelo to distress around the edges of this image and the first layer of paper on my card. This and my 3 dotty rectangles were from a BoBunny pad - Double Dot designs.
I added ribbon and 3 lovely buttons - and 3 foam bats - these are the same colour as that Promarker I used for some of the leaves.
Please join us at Left Of Center!

My second card - well it's Friday so Smeared Ink Day...
For this card I used Smeared Ink's  It's about Time Hourglass
My theme today must have been about 'dots' - I chose a dotty card base to start!!
The colour scheme was a striking black, grey and white...

The banner's starry paper is from Kanban matted onto black card.
The verse is by John Keats (English lyric poet 1795 - 1821)
The skull is a Lelli- Bot embellishment from Gothic Grunge, the plastic spider from my stash!


 Happy Crafting!

P.S. If you liked the web and spider image from


it should be posted as a Friday Freebie at Digi Digi Doodle today.


14 comments:

  1. What an amazing hour glass!! I love all the little details in the image and the mix of papers in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! I love Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and white is striking! I love the dots too! Awesome card! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Susan! Thanks for creating for LOC, the card is lovely! And I love your 31DOH card today - the black and white is gorgeous, love the image and skull too! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your cards! The top one is whimsical and so fun, love the colors. The Time one is stunning and dramatic. Love the images and details!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! The Hour glass card is stunning, love black and white cards!
    Thanks for the info on the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have a blast crafting with those kids. It will be fun to see the variety of results.
    Your first card is adorable. great interpretation and use of the buttons. Circle, rounded square, very close.
    Spooky Smeared ink card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sucker for dots so of course I love both of these fabulous cards. Amazing job. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are fabulous cards. Love your take on the sketch and the image / color scheme of the witching hour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have put together the hourglass so wonderfully. I would be very proud to post this. good job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two spooktacular creations today, love all the details and layers on both and thx for the linkie to the freebie digi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that hourglass image, and you have treated it so beautifully! It looks great on your monochrome card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, I love polka dots :) your coloring is wonderful on the fairy and I love the blk/what card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card and I love the B&W ATC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.