Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Thursday 19 February 2015

Cracked and Broken - Smeared and Smudged Member Blog Hop


Yes - it's another Smeared and Smudged event!!


February Monthly Member Blog Hop

Here's the list - if you have reached me you have gone all through - but If you've landed here by chance do go back to Black Dragon to start at the beginning!

Black Dragon
Teresa


I am still making chipboard fat pages!!

Remember my Valentine's hearts ?



 I really liked this anti-Valentine Image and although it's not a Smeared Ink one
 I decided to use it again.
The heart stamp is Hero Arts 'Newspaper heart' but in the foreground there's
holding a broken arrow...

I printed it larger for today's fat page and again coloured it with Promarkers.


Each element was distressed with TH Stormy Sky.

I printed the Poe quote in blue on my computer.


The hearts were die cut using nesting dies from spider web embossed paper.
I attempted making the spiders' legs  using liquid pearls - they ran a bit!!

  
A broken heart - from my stash...


This embellishment is upcycled from somewhere - I had it in my stash...




I then added some liquid pearls to the drippy blood - and what I wanted to do next was add some crackle medium to the image to give a cracked look - But could I find it?? I think it must have disappeared in my last move...

I have had to go out and buy some more today so not sure if it will dry in time for my final picture...this is after the first layer. The colour is not too good as I had to take it in semi-darkness!!


Now after layer 2...



There are two colours I use (and wear) a lot - orange and red - currently I am in a red phase - 
(Just take a look at some of my recent posts!)
I think they are both lucky...


Happy Crafting!







18 comments:

  1. So creative Susan! Love the ric rac and pompoms on the spiders...and all your drippyness!! Fantastic image as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image.... her snarky expression is wonderful.
    Love the spiders on the ric-rac drips.... and of cause the Poe quote.
    Great take on the CRACKED AND BROKEN hop theme and a massive THANK YOU for entering the QUOTH THE RAVEN challenge....BDx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just brilliant - LUV it . The spiders worked so well :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us over at QUOTH THE RAVEN for our Love of POE Challenge too xxxx

      Delete
  4. Great colors and I love your creative design! Fabulous for the Cracked and Broken theme and our Lucky Colors challenge at Aurora Wings. Thanks so much for joining us. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite simply fabulous. Love all here, very creative design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those wonderful elements! The hearts bleeding spiders (got to borrow that one, please!) and that excellent wire piece and the lovely Poe sentiment ...wow! awesome, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fat book page is great! I love the webbed hearts and the bleeding spidies. The details are perfect! love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you use papers and textures so creatively. Your layers are always so fantastic! The hearts are gorgeous, so happy you shared today, thanks!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are so creative....pretty layout and the image fits perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Just stunning! Great details in these lovelies! You are always so creative Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous piece rich with detail and textures! Just love everything right down to the spider legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your coloring on the image, all the fun details, and different textures, Susan! Thank you for joining our challenge at Aurora Wings.

    Mitzi xx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see you at the Quoth the Raven "For the Love of Poe" challenge this month, Susan! Your metal pieces are a great "counters" for your hearts, and I love how you created all the layers. Great image to support the "more than hearts and flowers" quote about love! This is so well thought out and choreographed! Kay Wallace, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know many who could use such a card lol...fabulous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so hoping you would enter this piece when I saw it! I absolutely love the originality it has for a Poe project and I need inspiration in that department!! It is as I said on the hop wonderful and my favorite quote of his I think! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven this month and I hope to see you back in March! hugs ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  16. how cool is that! I love the embossing on the heart and the fab colouring of your image, thank you for playing along with us at QTR xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous job. I love this image too - just have to find an opportunity to use her
    Thanx so much for joining us at Aurora Wings for our Favourite Colour challenge
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.