Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Mixed Media

On my blog yesterday I mentioned the More Mixed Media Challenge - Yellow
and I said I would have a go at something more 'mixed media' when I got back to my craftroom...
Well we are now home from our travels - we had a lovely time!

While we were in Australia we visited Montsalvat in Melbourne - this is an 'artist's colony'.
It is an amazing place...


One of the exhibitions was photography, some of which was inspired by quotations.
I came across this quote which I decided had to go on the front of my journal - which until now had no cover piece.


 I printed it, matted and layered it and added a little acrylic paint around the edges.
I added a piece of card on the back so I could thread a ribbon through and tie this around the journal.

To the front of the journal I added a piece of canvas paper which I had 'wrinkle free distressed' using some inks in yellow tones. Next I added some yellow plastic mesh trimmed to a part star shape at the top left corner. I added some texture paste coloured with some gold glitter glue through a stencil to the right top corner.


I added yellow acrylic down the spine and a stamped image - using black stazon on an upcyled greetings card back. I cut this out and added 'wild honey' distress ink.


I then tied around the quote...


The quote is easily removed for adding the next pages to my journal!


I will link this to the More Mixed Media Challenge - Yellow

OK - so I am jet-lagged - I totally forgot to add my embossed and diecut, distressed butterflies that were waiting on my desk...


This is the final picture...




Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. Love how we can keep adding and moving
    things until we get the final project.
    Love those butterflies.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal cover and do love the sentiment, sounds perfect...Thank you for joining us at More Mixed Media plus good luck in draw...Hugs Lozzy x
    beautiful holiday photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal cover love the bright colour,texture and perfect sentiment
    \Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.