Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Monday 7 November 2016

Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge for November - Alcohol Inks




Do pop over to Happy Little Stampers to see the fabulous inspiration for this Challenge!

Here's my card for this month:



The card is made using a technique
 which Tim Holtz explains as Alcohol Inks Agates technique.
I took a piece of glossy card and applied gold and silver alcohol inks to it with felt on an applicator tool. I then stamped over with Ink Blending Solution to blend the colours.
Finally I stamped over with a Medallion stamp and Black Stazon.

I cut this card into three strips and mounted them on three strips of blue card. I attached these to a white card blank.
I then added a horizontal strip of blue with two small rectangles of the background on it - and finally a sentiment from Imagine That Digistamps Snowing Cupcakes.





Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. very beautiful. Love the subtle background. My background screams at you but yours is very peaceful.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Susan and such a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card.
    I love o cut strips for my
    cards as you did. Very
    dramatic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is very precious. Lovely with the ornament. It gives a really special effect.
    xxx Michelle (DT sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a beautiful paneled card!!!
    Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog!
    Hugs
    Seemaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card ..... love the delicate look to the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever idea to use outline stamp design ! The design as well as the bg both are visible and create a beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.