The village is beautiful at the moment with daffodils along the verges
and in every garden.
Here's my Mum and Dad with some of theirs...and some of mine...
Anyway when Mum and I saw some daffodil serviettes at Sainsbury's,
we thought they would be good to use at the moment...
I often decorate candles with serviettes - I use the top layer and my heat gun to melt the tissue into place.
But then online I saw that serviettes can be used in journalling...so I thought I would have a go...
First I added gesso to my pages and then texture paste through a stencil. When this was dry I added some colour with sprays.
I then added sections of the top layer of the serviette to the journal pages, sticking them in place with Modge Podge.
Next I dabbed paint around the images and
highlighted the daffodil flowers with a grey Promarker.
Finalli I added green ink to give the impression of stems and added 'Mowed Lawn' distress ink round the edges.
Not sure how happy I am with it - but it was a first attempt!