Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 18 July 2017

A Year of ATCs? - Day 199

At the weekend I was lucky enough to meet up with some friends
 for an impromptu crafting session.

One of the things we had a go at were some animation cards.
Firstly we made a little card using Uchi's animation stamps, grid and dies.

Here are some photos trying to illustrate the card:


 I am not sure if you can see how the images change as the card opens...

The next thing we tried was an animation card using Stampin Up
 stamps and die cut animation grid.


This time the butterfly images are stamped on card which slides up and down in a sleeve.
Again the photos don't really show the fluttering.

This is how I finished my card:


 Finally I decided to try and make an animation ATC 
with a scrap of Uchi's animation grid (left from the first card)
and a sun stamp.
I made an ATC size sleeve with the animation grid behind a square aperture in the front.


I stamped the sun stamp on a piece of white card which slides inside the sleeve.
 Moving the sun image side to side with the tab makes it move...


I decorated the front of the sleeve with some scraps of DP from my stash cut with two dies from the Tonic ATC Collection.

  
I trimmed the slider as shown


This is my ATC for Day 199!


Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I bought the kit from SimonSays and then saw that Stampin' Up
    sells a stamp/die set that does this. Since I'm a demonstroator
    for SU, I decided to make these as one of the classes for my
    ladies. I made the ones from SU and followed a UTube to make
    a pig flying from another stamp set. I had to over-stamp to
    get the motion. The only problem is that my eyes are wonky -
    one sees distance and the other sees close (my contacts were
    like that for years and when I had the cataract surgery he
    continued that). My daughter says they are flying so I
    guess I did OK. These cards are a good way to really impress
    someone with your workmanship.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as a first attempt these were OK but not spectacular. I think more practice was required. However it was a fun day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.