Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Friday 7 February 2014

Cute v. Creepy



Here's my DT inspiration for the current LOC challenge
"Cute v. Creepy"


 I started thinking about using the same image in two similar cards -
 in a cute AND a creepy way.

I started off by scoring and folding two identical red Christmas red card bases.


I recently found some lovely handmade papers in a local market 
- I matted each base with a piece of each.



The digi I used was  Meljens Designs North Pole Critters.
 I printed this twice and coloured the images with Promarkers choosing different shades for each image.


I embossed some cardstock from my scraps in embossing folders -
 a Cuttlebug Christmas tree and a Stampin Up spider web


I then did some more matting and layering, and found some embellishments in my 'bit box',
to make these:

  
I hope you think that one is creepy...


and this one is cute!

I am linking this last card to
12 Days of Christmas
and CHNC February extra


Hope you will join us at Left Of Center Challenges!

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. What an amusing way to use the North Pole Critters image Sue! Great fun and a clever idea to use two different 'treatments! :) (...might have to nick that idea.... ;) !)
    Lovely work!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fab cards Sue, love the spider web embossing!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Cute and Creepy Cards Susan!! thanks for your creations for LOC! Love them! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards...one is so cute and the other is a bit...well...scary! lol

    Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely cards for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.