Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 9 March 2015

Work in Process

I have not made an 'art journal' page for a week or two
so decided to make one for the Chic Craftique Imagine Challenge on Facebook.

Are you anxiously waiting for winter to turn to spring.... We challenge you to use these "doodles" and the word "imagine" in an art journal page or on canvas board, chipboard or a card/tag.. Whatever you like and show it off. (this is not for a prize , the doodles are freebies) If you like you can abandon it and take a pic to show us where you abandoned it and tell us how it made you feel :)


So first of all I printed one of the doodles.

I taped it down to my craft mat and taped some torn scrap to hide some of it...



I then took some distress ink, spritzed it and used it as water colour to paint colour across the image.

I used the leftover to soak into a piece of watercolour paper...

You can see this element in the following photo - and the base

 (a sparkly brown cardstock although the sparkles don't show up too well in the photos).

Both have Stickles around the edges.

(You can also see the state of my table!!)




I then collected these pieces together...

I have now added Stickles to my main image and some green embellishments- what are these called?'

Been in my stash a while anyway!!.

The ribbon attached to the base is some lovely spider web mesh.





Next stage - added letters - I thought of these but decided they were ugly...



so went for gold...




Next should I add the Snowflake made using the TH die??

 (The magazine page had similar colours to my Distress Inks)



Again I didn't like it...so went for flowers from my stash...originally bought in Abu Dhabi!





What do you think?





I am going to link this to Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes...


Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.